Welcome To Your Online Physical Therapy Schools Guide

To become a qualified practicing physical therapist in the United States you can either pursue a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) or Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) degree .

By far the most common option offered by accredited physical therapy schools is the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree.  However some schools still offer Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) degree programs.

In 2009 The American Physical Therapy Association reported that there were a total of 215 accredited physical therapist programs being offered in the United States.  200 of these (93%) were Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree programs and the remaining 15 (7%) were Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) degree programs however most of these are now in transition to become DTP programs.

Both the DPT and MPT education programs include clinical internships which need to be completed to qualify for the degree.  In addition to this, physical therapists are required to pass the National Physical Therapy Examination before they are eligible to practice anywhere in the United States.

To make it easy to find the physical therapy school you are looking for we have sorted them so you can search by either Location or Degree Type.

Next: What Does a Physical Therapist Do?



Speak Your Mind